Let me talk nerdy to you.

20 Oct

Guys. My new cat stopped peeing directly beside my face in the middle of the night, and my old cat stopped punching her in the face when I’m not looking. I’m getting sleep! Glory, hallelujah – the dark clouds have parted and I’m no longer up at 3am scrubbing mattresses and throwing out rugs and wondering if all my life will amount to is cat dander and piss (it still might).

So here I am! All shiny and new! My floors are clean, my apartment could entertain a guest who won’t immediately seek professional help for me, and things are really looking up. It was scary there for a bit.

In the midst of my cat urination adventures, I skipped writing and instead sat with an old friend who asked me to chime in on his podcast. It’s a dungeons and dragons thing, and it may appeal to you if:

vstheu

Click iiiiit. You know, if you want.

• you read my post about what it’s like to live with a dungeon master father and want to hear more
  • you just now read the phrase “dungeon master father” and your mind is dizzy with wonder
  • you like to listen to people talk about dungeons and dragons
  • you’ve always wondered what my actual voice sounds likeyou need something nerdy to help you drift off to sleep at night
  • you need proof that I’m still out in the world, doing things
  • you’ll just go along with anything because you can’t resist a link

One could say this is a Lollipop Tuesday adventure. I was pretty worried about being part of a podcast, but hey: it was pretty easy. All I had to do was say stuff. It makes me wonder, you know – what are the sorts of things that can still strike enough fear into my heart to qualify as a Lollipop Tuesday (skydiving)? What am I avoiding because I’ve already decided I’ll hate it or might die? (Skydiving).

Anyway, while I ponder whether I’m willing to jump to my possible death in support of a blog mission and constant content, enjoy this venture into a small portion of my odd upbringing. Click the picture above, or just click right here

6 Responses to “Let me talk nerdy to you.”

1. roseglace October 20, 2017 at 10:54 am #

couple of things:

first of all, it’s good to hear from you. glad that your urine problem is in remission.

secondly. well. i got the notification of your post this morning before i was completely awake. i read it (the notification) on my phone and decided to bring up the post itself on something with a larger screen. well, the only thing handy was a tablet with minimal software on it; i decided to use that. for various reasons (i’m really really lazy, okay?) the URL for your blog isn’t bookmarked on the tablet. no worry — google to the rescue.

well.

i started typing “the jackie blog” into the search box thingie and when i did i got the usual list of suggestions. i typed in ‘the’ and it suggested ‘thesaurus nerd’. (don’t ask.) i typed in ‘the jackie’ and it suggested ‘the jackie robinson story’. (unsurprising i guess.) i typed in ‘the jackie bl’ and it suggested

jackie the blogger arrested

so. i’m sorry to hear it, but i bet they had it coming.

Liked by 2 people

• Jackie November 7, 2017 at 9:42 am #

I didn’t want to blame my lack of posting on the lack of access in jail because I’m usually all ‘no excuses’ and such. Thank you for breaking the story on my behalf. Maybe I should do a Christmas fund drive to get that Google ranking up…

2. Claudia October 20, 2017 at 4:00 pm #

I’m at work now, but I’m alone tomorrow night. I’m going there! Although it seems above that there was a challenge with the URL. No problem. I love dungeons and dragons, even though I’ve never played it. And I have two cats that sleep by my head, so I understand your pain — and your celebration. Thanks for making my day!

• Jackie November 7, 2017 at 9:43 am #

Somewhere in your town, some D&D table is desperately hunting another player. Let me know if you ever stop by – I’d love to hear all about it 😉

3. Jules October 20, 2017 at 4:37 pm #

I can remember two instances when the cat pissed on my bed. Both times I came home late from work and snuggled right into my wet sheets. Always came very close to ending his life in my head. What do you use to get rid of the cat piss? That stuff comes straight from hell.

• Jackie November 7, 2017 at 9:45 am #

Oh noooo how did you ever recover from piss-cuddling? I began to nurse a deep hatred of the pee-cat too until I realized she was doing it because she was scared and I made her feel comfortable enough. Or at least that’s the cat lady article I clung to in order to help me not skin her. I used something called Urine Destroyer to get rid of it. I spent a pretty penny on the bottle and barely believed it would work, but took the chance so as to perhaps not have to buy a new mattress. It really, really worked. Smells awesome and she’s never done it again.