I Should Buy Myself a Cake.

2 Jul

It appears I’ve neglected to acknowledge something here.

I have passed the halfway point, folks.  I’m over the edge.   I’m over 50% finished with the postaday2011 challenge.

Marathon Cheverny, 200 metroren faltan

Apparently, I'm likening this man running a marathon to me writing my blog. I am the man - lonely, tired, and pressing toward the finish. And apparently with only a few scattered, somewhat-paying-attention attendees. Photo by "Eneko Astigarraga". Click to check out his Flickr Photostream.

Typically, I’d celebrate such an occasion  by looking back over the last 180-something posts and picking out my favorite ones.  But unfortunately, I flipped through my 2nd quarter accomplishments only to find that I have written nothing I can be more excited about than the favorite posts I already acknowledge in my one-third celebration.

Personally, that realization saddens me.  What if my best posts were written back in the day when I had seven subscribers?

Yes, I used to only have seven subscribers.  You know who you are.

I could reflect on things I’ve improved on in all this time that I’ve made sweet, sweet love to my blog, but that’s pretty boring for you.  Who really cares if I schedule out my Lollipop Tuesdays beforehand now or if I feel a lot more comfortable detaching myself from my writing journal and just posting whatever is on my mind?  Who really wants to know if I have a graphic artist working on a super awesome header image for me or if I’m going to cover a Lollipop Tuesday event this month that involves a media pass and crossing several state borders?

No one, that’s who.

So instead of rolling out a big celebratory post where I chronicle my achievements, set out my future plans, and thank everyone for their part in this monstrosity, I suppose I’ll simply acknowledge the passing of the first half and march onward toward the next.

After all – I’m 180-something posts in and I still can’t manage to consistently post before 12:00pm on Saturdays.

Maybe I’ll manage that by the 3/4 celebration.

Today’s RAK: A little research for a stressed friend.

10 Responses to “I Should Buy Myself a Cake.”

1. athensboy July 2, 2011 at 1:21 pm #

congratulations! seriously… not an easy milestone to achieve. you SHOULD buy yourself a cake, and eat it during your next posting session. since it’s hot out, perhaps an “ice cream cake”. Yum!
    Best,
    athensboy

• Jackie July 9, 2011 at 10:03 pm #

Thanks, Athens 🙂 I shall certainly celebrate at the end of the year – perhaps a classy new year’s party is in order and I can put together a coffee table book of all my ramblings. I’m so scared to celebrate anything before that for fear I miss one of these days in the second half. Heaven forbid! 🙂

2. misswhiplash July 2, 2011 at 1:24 pm #

Happy Anniversary… I still only have 7 subscribers!

If you think that your earlier posts are still relevant just change the publish date and then it will get published again ( I think) I have done that for one on July 12, so I will let you know if it works

You’re doing well gal..keep at it!

3. lsawyer713 July 2, 2011 at 2:58 pm #

Congrats on your 180th day anniversary! I don’t think I even have seven subscribers AND you should recognize being featured on Freshly Pressed! You Should get a cake and get those candies to put on them and spell out your anniversary. You might need two packages to write Happy 180th day postaday anniversary!

• Jackie July 9, 2011 at 10:00 pm #

lol thanks Sawyer 🙂

4. Lynn Harris July 2, 2011 at 5:26 pm #

congratulations! that is quite a feat. you SHOULD buy yourself a cake… and eat it slowly, maybe sharing with Dave. since it’s hot out–maybe an ice cream cake! I look forward to the next half-year.

• Jackie July 9, 2011 at 10:00 pm #

Mmmm ice cream cake. Singlehandedly responsible for at least 5 pure fat pounds on my body.

5. Writers' Resort LLC July 3, 2011 at 2:02 am #

Actually, you already did win! Congratulations on the WordPress showcase of 10 prolific participants. Fun to meet you.

• Jackie July 9, 2011 at 9:59 pm #