Hail Jackie, Leader of the Nutty Nuts

11 Apr

Hallelujah, it was nice out yesterday.

I woke up and little bunnies with soft tails wiggled their cute little noses and handed me a basket of rainbows and sunshine to brighten my day.  And brighten it did.

Apparently when you complain and cry out to the blog gods that you are fed up with not having any beautiful days on the weekend, the blog gods reciprocate by smacking down some beautiful sunshine.   Either that or you all vigorously campaigned for me.

I woke up late, smiled a big bunny-and-rainbows-induced smile, and proceeded to draft a blog post about how bathroom water tastes better than kitchen water before going out to embrace the green, rolling fields of hope and opportunity.

You know, I’ve gotten rather comfortable with you all just buying a ticket and hopping on my crazy wagon.  I have announced a number of strange thoughts on my blog and have been fully supported in plenty of them.  You stuck with me in my complaints about Unavoidable Underarm Swamp and Stench (U.U.S.S.).  You shared with me the contents of your Emergency Underwear drawers (Emergency Underwear Day).  And when I taunted the idea of nudity in the workplace, you put on a bunch of cheerleading outfits (The Nude Hour).   I even started up a slow, painful death to P90X and get some hurrahs from the comments section every once in a while on my progress.

But you simply weren’t having it with my bathroom water conjectures.

I started to wonder if I really had manufactured a box of nutty nut and went to Google to type in the same thing I pondered: “Why does bathroom water taste better than kitchen water?”  Just like that – Ask Jeeves style.

Turns out I’m not a nutty nut.  Or at least if I am, there are enough of us for me to feel somewhat validated in my claims.   You can observe the size of our underground society here, in the search results.

I just wanted to let you all know that it’s okay.  I’m really okay.  I’m not walking around my house, shaking violently and muttering something about magical bathroom fountains.

But if I were, I have a whole slew of search engine results just waiting to be sifted for my cult followers.

Nutty Nuts Cereal: It's a cult classic!

P90X Update: 11/90 complete. The first half of Yoga X makes me want to spoon my brain onto the tv screen, so I went for a run and then did the second half of Yoga X – the balance poses.  I like my way better.  I would like to be skinny soon, thanks.

12 Responses to “Hail Jackie, Leader of the Nutty Nuts”

1. misswhiplash April 11, 2011 at 9:53 am #

A laugh a day

The jackie way

You are a real scream. I love your posts. I love you too

Love p

• Jackie April 17, 2011 at 1:40 am #

Excellent poetry. Brilliant!

…really, just very flattering. Thanks, P. You get me through days when I don’t feel like posting. 🙂

2. Jules April 11, 2011 at 11:41 am #

Are you going to release a certified organic, gluten-free, no trans fats, non-hydrogenated, non-gmo, no hfcs version of nutty nuts cereal? Big plus if it contains almonds, raisins, whole grains, leprechauns and an empty promise that it may reduce my risk for heart disease!

• Jackie April 17, 2011 at 1:28 am #

Ew no. Nutty Nuts would taste delicious, of course. 😛

3. KristenSays April 11, 2011 at 12:11 pm #

so wait, you did P90X AND went for a run?!?!?! WOOT!! 😉

• Jackie April 17, 2011 at 1:28 am #

Well let us not overlook that I ran because I only did half the P90X. So yes and…no. 🙂

4. liannouwen April 11, 2011 at 12:47 pm #

Ok, you’re a little nuts 😉 But that’s a BIG part of the fun isn’t it? Oh, and way to go on the P90X! I couldn’t do it even if I wanted to. You go girl!

• Jackie April 17, 2011 at 1:24 am #

You totally could. I’m a big fat fatty fat and I’m doing it. LOL Thanks for the cheerleading!

5. Don't Make That Face April 11, 2011 at 1:45 pm #

Bathroom water does taste better. I totally agree. I know the toilet water/bathroom sink water thing is hard for some people to get over, but they should. They’re missing out otherwise.

• Jackie April 17, 2011 at 1:23 am #

THANK YOU.

6. wordsweneversaid April 12, 2011 at 5:16 am #

LOL!

I adore you actually.

I just don’t subscribe to the notion that tap water is a “fountain of…” any good thing.

I filter all water where I live (necessity – believe me)so even brushing teeth in the morning does not get me close enough to the bathroom font of all ‘goodliness’ in order to savor the unique enjoyment you alluded to in your post…

*shame*

Sorry ’bout that.

M.L.

• Jackie April 17, 2011 at 1:09 am #

Aw, thanks. And hey – you don’t have to agree with me. It was just the first time I’d been so disagreed with and it made a good go-to post 🙂 No shame whatsoever!